Saturday, October 26, 2019

Glance of Grace


“I found in the glance of the Maharishi, the sizzling brilliance of the sun. My breath seemed to stop and my mind was elevated into some spiritual realm of unutterable peace and happiness.” Swami Madhavatirtha


“ For half an hour, I looked into the Maharshi’s eyes which never changed their expression of deep contemplation. I began to realize somewhat that the body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. I could feel that this master’s body was not the man; it was the instrument of God, merely a sitting, motionless corpse, from which God was radiating terrifically. My own feelings were indescribable.” Frank Humphreys, British police officer, one of the first Westerners to meet Ramana Maharishi

That lightning flashing from the Master’s eyes, burning away all illusion,
That compassionate look, like radiant moonlight, filled with unconditional love,
That gentle benediction healing all wounds and bestowing perfect ripeness,
That glance of grace, granting fearlessness and immortality;
The Guru’s gaze is itself the greatest blessing.

When I fell at his feet in total surrender,
the lotus of my Heart blossomed before the rising sun of the Self:
What a wonder! Such an infinite ocean of blissful peace!

Beyond matter and mind, nothing exists but the vast space of his Light.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice!

Master, disciple, God and world are all ONE .



“To the seer, all things have verily become the Self: what delusion, what sorrow, can there be for him who beholds that oneness?” – Isa Upanishad

“By your very look, you granted me total fearlessness, sublime joy and infinite peace ;now I rest in my true divine nature, endlessly singing your praise!” Murugunar, devotee of Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi

No comments: