Thursday, November 10, 2022

A Prayer

 “ Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation , but delivers us from evil. For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.” The Lord’s Prayer

In the depths of being I glimpsed a jewel,
the luminous splendour of the colourless light of emptiness.
My heart cried out this prayer:


Oh compassionate Lord  without name or form,
Oh perfect power who pervades all creation,
Thou secret in-dweller living embedded in all beings,
Let your radiance embrace me that I may dissolve in you!


Forgive me for my blindness, for my mistakes, for any hurt I caused to other living creatures, for my unconsciousness, my foolishness, my insanity.
Forgive me for forgetting my true nature and wandering away from You, who shines always in my heart.


Thou mighty Infinity that contains and permeates all creation,
thou shining love and bliss that cannot be measured or described or contained ,
swallow me whole and let me be one with You.


Oh Sun of suns, bless us all with your infinite grace!
O Father who is the Source,
O great and tender Mother who cares for and sustains all,
accept our humble and devoted surrender, open your arms wide, embrace these prodigal drops returning to your ocean of eternal peace.


Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

“In silent surrender there is bliss and prayer without request or demand. There is no doer, experiencer, lover or beloved. There is only a divine current. You see that the very act of welcoming is itself the solution to the problem and the action which follows your comprehension is very straightforward. When you become familiar with the act of surrender, truth will solicit you unsought.”

― Jean Klein, Who Am I?: The Sacred Quest


No comments: