Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee! "

The tangled chain of causes of “terrorism” and all human conflict is long and dates back over 2000 years. Rather than attempting to lop of a few branches, we need to go straight to the root.
The root cause of all conflict is the mistaken notion of “ us “ and “them” . This leads to enmity and greed...and huge disparities. 5 % of the global population consumes 85% of global resources, thus sowing dragons’ teeth that fruit into millions of angry, discontented and warped individuals.
I am one of that 5% ..what can I do?
I can change myself.
I can realize that I am part of a global web of Life…and must care for all of it.
When people are dying of war or disease or hunger in my neighbourhood or in far-flung corners of the world, I can feel for them and care about them and help in any little way I can.
I can temper my greed and live gently and lightly…reduce my footprint on this earth.
 I can share as much as possible with others, in my immediate environment as well as on a larger, global scale.
I can set an example for my children…and any others I can influence…by radiating, from the core of my being, my experiential understanding that we are truly all ONE
I can stop seeing myself as a member of a particular race or caste or creed…and see myself as a responsible citizen of Planet Earth.
 I can be the bridge between Earth and Heaven, the material and the divine.
I can live my truth and be compassionate and gentle with all my fellow-beings.
I can be whole, aware, conscious…and spread this wholeness to the entire Universe.
I can do my best to usher in the global mind-shift, when at least 10,000 individuals of the human race evolve to a higher, nobler consciousness, thus creating the critical mass that will finally set off the chain-reaction of human evolution.
This is all I can do… and it is enough.

No comments: