Monday, December 1, 2008

The Emperor Has No Clothes!

We are living in turbulent times. Turbulence causes destruction, suffering, hardships…but it can also result in change.
All over the world, we are witnessing system collapse – eco-systems, climate systems, financial and economic systems, political, religious and sociological systems…all antiquated, over-loaded, creaking at the seams.
Breaking down ..often irrevocably…leading to violence, poverty, suffering, environmental degradation, terrorism, war, disease…an endless list of inter-related disasters.
Why can’t the 7 billion people on this planet live in peace, comfort and harmony? Nature has given us more than adequate resources to achieve this.
But 5% of the world’s population recklessly consumes 80% of the world’s resources….and heartlessly ignores the suffering of the 95%. Even though they are digging their own graves, destroying the future of their children and grandchildren.
Why is this happening? What happened to all our vaunted progress. .our “intelligence”, our science, our technology, our “wise” leaders, economists, strategists, experts? Did they all go wrong?
The collapse of the global financial system has revealed the bankruptcy of our so-called “ experts”.
Those that should be caring protectors and supporters are robber-barons in disguise. Our systems are failing..…resulting in desperate acts that further accentuate the insanity of this race.
It's time to look at history with the eyes of a child: open, innocent, unbiased.
When I do this, I see that the fundamental fear of death is the root cause of this insanity.
 I am terrified that "I" will soon be destroyed totally.
If I am frightened, I am insecure. Being insecure, I become greedy.
Being greedy, I lose my humanity…I possess more than I truly need.
 I give value to things, possessions, pieces of paper, rather than to Life.
I destroy my planet, my fellow-human beings, the delicate balance of Nature …in some kind of crazed suicidal drive.
So whence comes this root fear that grows into this tree of self-destruction? Were we born with it? Or has the act of "growing up"in society somehow warped our souls?
Anyone who has seen a baby knows it is innocent, pure, divine.
How did we forget our pure, perfect, divine nature and turn into crazed monsters? Can we return to our original perfection?
This is the only question: can each individual transform his or her own state of being and be free of the insane ego-mind complex that threatens to destroy this race?
The answer to this question will determine our future.

No comments: