Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Life-Death continuum

" People are born many times , so they die many times.
Life and death continue endlessly.
If you realise the true meaning of the unborn,
You will transcend both gladness and grief "
Old Zen saying.

Can Life and Death be separate?
Everyday, millions of cells in our bodies die and are replaced by new cells.
We are constantly dying and being reborn...physically, mentally, emotionally.
From the moment of birth, we are moving towards death...an inevitable process.
All Nature is a cycle of Life and Death and Rebirth...matter and energy changing form in an endless dance.
The real question is " Who or what is born and who or what dies?"
Once I find who I really am, neither birth nor death is real....both are just part of the endless movie projected by the ONE.
I am that One. You are that One. Mountain and stone and ant and sea and galaxy and atom...all ONE.
That is all there is - eternal, blissful and tranquil.
When I clear my illusions, I dissolve into that ONE.
Nothing more to say!

2 comments:

Sayani said...

I am recently studying about these facts and your post was again so clear and crisp in imparting the message . "Who am I?"
a ever quest bt i feel everyone knows bt we dont Realize it much , the quest get dampens at time in chore wrk but it never fades ...
good to be here
take care

manohar prabhu said...

Thank you Sayani for your comment. My mother recently died at the age of 79. As her eldest son, I had to do all the rituals. It made me see clearly how perishable this body...and all material things...are.