Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journey's End

Older than time,am I the Ancient of Days?
I have been stone and metal, microbe and plant, mountain and planet and sea, bird and beast  and reptile.
Driven before the storm of illusion, I have passed through countless wombs ; pursued by the furies of fear and desire, I have changed shapes and forms a trillion times, never finding my rest.
Yet, who am I that persists down the canyons of the ages?
Nothing but gathered information, dregs of the dreamtime, faded files on the magnetic field of the information layer, flotsam and jetsam accumulated on the invisible shore.
I cannot remember all the bodies I have used and discarded in my desperate and never-ending quest.
Today, in weary exhaustion, I choose to halt this senseless wandering through the worlds.
I let go and dissolve, format my drive, erase all the slates once and for all.
This drop returns irrevocably to the ocean.
The 4 billion years end now.
At last, I am at peace.
At last, I am free.

No comments: