Friday, September 23, 2016

The Heart Lotus


There is a place inside me where I am always at home,
Where I am always happy and loved and at peace.
Nothing and no one can take this away from me.
This is the throne of Being, the seat of “I am”.

Here I am never alone: I am One with all of creation.
Here I am infinite and perfect, invulnerable and invincible.
There is no past or future here, only an eternal present.
There is no thought here, no emotion, no drama, no excitement.

This is where the mind runs out of words, falls silent, disappears.
This is where my spirit rests and recharges itself in dreamless sleep.
From this centre, I draw infinite strength and wisdom and joy.
This is my anchor, my shelter, my sustenance and my support.

Smaller than an atom, yet greater than the greatest,
This is the pregnant emptiness of boundless space.
This is the true reality that underlies everything, the source and the substance of all things.
This is the unchanging divine awareness that shines eternally.

This is who I really am.

No comments: