Saturday, November 18, 2017

This Silence



" The Guru's silence is more vast and emphatic than all the sastras ." Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharishi

In the lotus of the Heart, this silence shines as a steady, smokeless flame.
           It throbs like a drumbeat, vibrates like thunder, shatters the delusion of ignorance forever.
Once you have known this, perception will never be the same.
This is the effulgent, divine wholeness that contains all that exists.

Everything dissolves in this vast , impeccable stillness – here is the One where no others remain.
Infinite, eternal, omnipotent, this silence is the source of all joy.
One glance of the Guru drove me deep into this silence; now I have lost my mind and forgotten my name.

Like the addict pursues the tears of the poppy, I pursue this silence;
One taste is enough to know that this is all that there ever is.
This silence is source and goal, Shiva and Shakti, Guru and Grace.
Like an arrow unerringly driven into the heart, I am hurled into this .
This  silence is the ecstatic perfection of  immaculate peace.
             It is the song of truth, the light of awareness, the endless ocean of bliss.


No comments: