Friday, October 26, 2018

Speaking In Tongues



At the end of all knowing, is there only an unsolvable riddle, a paradox, an answerless koan?

All the volumes of Holy Scriptures, what do they really say?

Who can describe that cold fire ever-burning in the centre, its mystical radiance, its soul-melting flame?

How can I speak of this immaculate ecstasy, this aching, infinite joy that dissolves everything ?

There is no one left to tell the tale, all that I was has disappeared into the echoes of your Name.

So let the thunder of your silence break through the cobwebs of mind and reveal the unsayable:

Like the sun burning off the early morning mists, sweep this illusion away.

Stop this game of hide-and-seek, stand still and show your Self!

Let the long night of ignorance end forever

in the shining splendour of your eternal day.



P.S. : Listen! I know who you really are, your secret’s safe with me: I turned myself inside out like a sock and fell into your net.

Like a hungry spider you devoured me in one swoop.

And lo! I am become you and you are me!

There is nothing I would rather be.

No comments: