Thursday, March 7, 2019

Now I'm 64



Everyone knows the famous Beatles song...When I'm 64. Here is the original classic version. When I first sang this I was maybe 14 years old.....64 seemed a lifetime away. Suddenly, now I'm 64! So here's my version of the song...same tune, slightly different lyrics....with apologies and thanks to Paul McCartney.


Now I am older, lost most of my hair,
In this here and now:
Body creaks a bit but I don’t mind,
Am at peace and mellow like a bottle of wine.
I’m sometimes up at a quarter to three cause I just can’t sleep no more;
Seems this earth still needs me, so Heaven still feeds me
Now that I’m sixty four.

Dear ones, you’re older too -
I give you my solemn word:
I truly love you.

The years passed so quickly, the decades flowed by,
Somehow we survived;
After bumps and lumps and miracles-
For the rest of our lives, lets enjoy the ride.
No chips on my shoulder, nothing left to prove,
Who could ask for more?
Life still surprises me, Nature still delights me,
It’s grand to be sixty four!

Every day is a gift and I’m just so glad to be alive,
(If it’s not raining)
We shall breathe and thrive………
Still no grandchildren on my knee –
At least my heart’s still fine!

Send me an email, drop me a text,
Telling me how you are.
Say anything that you want to say,
Yours sincerely, shining away!
Always on stand by, just give me a shout:
I'll sing forevermore.
If you can still hear me, raise a glass to cheer me,

Now that I’m sixty four!

Ho.
………………
( Special Thanks to Edwin for the lumps and bumps and miracles line :)…………………………………………………………………



Here's another great a capella version by the Barbershop Quartet




No comments: