Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Let Us Pray

“ In prayer, one reaches the Divine Spirit which is all-powerful and yet ever-forgiving. It is by the power of prayer that man opens the doors of the heart, in which God the Merciful abides.” Hazrat Inayat Khan.

“Since I began to love, love has never forsaken me. It has ever grown to its own fullness within my innermost heart.” St. Catherine of Genoa, Life and Doctrine, 1551


True prayer is a gift of Grace; no words can describe its transcendent mystery.

Prayer is a cry for help, a heart-to-heart conversation, a song of faith, a dance of loving worship, a blissful communion with God.
Prayer is an exquisite yearning, a longing for the Beloved, a secret, sacred love beyond mind and space and time.
To pray is to trust: to let yourself be clay in the hands of the Divine Potter, to be the leaf floating on the river, the feather drifting on the wind.

Prayer is the sun rising, birds singing, trees growing and bursting into flower, water flowing, stars glowing, invisible frogs and crickets serenading the night.

Every atom and every cell, every mountain and every planet, every life-form exists but to pray, to resonate in harmony with that perfect symphony of the One.
Prayer is the eternal love-song, the hauntingly beautiful chorus of Life, the ethereal music of the spheres as the whole cosmos sings out in gratitude and praise.

Be it as soft as the murmuring of two lovers or as clamorous as the thunder-storm, prayer is the soul’s effort to return to the source.

Prayer is the heart bursting with joy, the lotus blooming in sunlight, the bee drunk with the nectar of immortal bliss.

Prayer is the doorway to awakening, the celebration of understanding who you really are.


So, with every breath we take, let us pray.



“In your light I learn how to love, in your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” Rumi

All my life I considered that the “I” within me is I. Now, by the grace of my Guru, I see that it is always You alone!” Namdev 


“The soul is satisfied now with nothing less than God. The pain is not bodily, but spiritual; though the body has its share in it, even a large one. It is a caressing of love so sweet which now takes place between the soul and God, that I pray God of his goodness to make him experience it who may think that I am lying.” St. Teresa of Avila.


No comments: