Friday, May 28, 2021

Nothing Is As It Seems

 

“Heart, the source, is the beginning, the middle, and the end of all. Heart, the supreme space, is never a  form, it is the light of truth. The death of the mind drowned in the Heart is the eternal silence. The real ‘I’ is the supreme Heart-space which is the great ocean of bliss.”
Sri Ramana Maharishi, Guru Vachaka Kovai

Unconscious on the steps of this tavern called samsara, life has forgotten me, even death has left me behind.

Forgive my intoxication – I have drunk the wine of eternity and forever lost my mind.

Though my companions are serious and determined,

I am like a puppy gambolling on the grass, a frail wisp-of-colour butterfly, a soft breeze, a hint of summer rain.

I fall so willingly into that divine madness again and again.

Alas! I am gone…you cannot meet me anymore; 

now my travails are over, I have reached that distant and indescribable shore.

I am the moth burning in the flame; in the nectar heart of the lotus, I am the drowning bee.

I am the dewdrop that slipped gladly into an endless sea.

Now all that’s left is a whisper, a distant echo of lost and stolen dreams.

Listen, my friend- I will tell you a secret : nothing is as it seems!

“Dissolve the self in the supreme Self as the space in an empty pot is dissolved in infinite space; then, as the infinite, be silent forever, O Sage!” – Adhyatma Upanishad

No comments: