Thursday, June 10, 2021

I am what I am

 (dedicated to Tarini, my dearest daughter, who lights up my life.)


You cannot begin to understand me, to capture me with your definitions, your classifications and projections; do not seek to mold me or groom me or change me – I will always be what I am.

I am as solid as a mountain yet as ethereal as air,  I am boundless space and fathomless ocean, I am thunder and lightning and storm.

I am the source and the goal, the beginning and end of everything, I am forest and fire and sky.

I am body and spirit, musician and instrument, artist and canvas, I am the writing on the wall that foretells all fates.

More beauteous than the dawn, I am invisible yet omnipresent, I am a secret power, take me lightly at your peril!

I am whole and I am strong, I am singer and song, I am the light in every living eye.

I can soak up my sadness, flow through my madness, dance like Shiva in my joy!

Softer than a mother’s kiss, yet sharper than a scimitar, I cut through all attributes, all limitations and bindings, to be forever free.

I am more than me.

Some  may praise me, some, condemn me: I do not give a damn!

Beyond rhythm and rhyme, beyond space and time,

I am what I am!




No comments: