Sunday, July 24, 2016

Oh Lord of Hearts!


O sweet Gurudev, how can I begin to sing your praise?
There are no words to thank you for your mercy, your blessings,
your compassionate and infinite grace.
In trying to sing of you, I have lost my tongue and forgotten my name;
I am dumb and silent and still; some call me insane.
Tears flow like rivers down my cheeks, O King of my Heart- what can I say?
No matter how many times I fall, you pick me up again and again
with greater love and patience than any mother .
No matter how stubborn and stupid I am, you teach me again and again
With greater love and patience than any father.
No matter how fearful and needy and desperate I am, you never refuse me-
Answering every prayer.

You who are ultimate tenderness, infinitely forgiving, ocean of love and light,
You who are father, mother, God, Goddess, teacher, beloved and joyous delight.
You who make me fearless with your total protection, who grants my every need.
You who are the Emperor of emperors, the Light of the Universe
Who deigns to shine like a warm soft jewel in my Heart through all the lifetimes ,
Who never lets me go!
You who welcomes me like a fire in the forest, like an oasis in the desert, like an island in the sea
You who teach me how to truly BE;
You who loves me without limit and kills me with oneness and bliss!
Who, dear Lord of Hearts, can begin to describe this?

No comments: