Friday, July 29, 2016

Who Am I ?

                                


“Chidananda rupa Shivoham Shivoham”
(I am consciousness and bliss, Shiva am I, Shiva am I)
Atma Shatakam, Jagadguru Shankaracharya

(Talk about bungee jumping! Self inquiry is diving off the cliff with no parachute!)

Who am I?
I am not body or mind or thought or feeling; I am not air or water or fire or earth.
I am so fine I penetrate all matter; indeed, everything is made of me!
My inbreath begins in the farthest heaven and my outbreath reaches the deepest hell.
I have no boundaries or limits.
I am infinite space and the eternal now.
All the universes are contained in me.
I have no names or forms, yet all names and forms are like foam on the surface of the ocean that I am.
I am no one and everyone, nothing and everything.
Without beginning or end, unchanging, perfect, eternal, unending peace and joy am I!
Hiding in the tiniest heart of the atom, I am the swallower of worlds!
I am the lowest of the low, the least and the humblest; thus am I greater than all that exists!
Infinitely aware and eternally awake, I am that living consciousness that is the source and the substance of all things.
Subtler than the subtlest, you cannot know me- you can only Be me.
Every living being contains Me in its Heart of hearts; I am the life-force and the grace and the loving intelligence that creates and sustains and destroys.
There is only Me
                          Dancing so blissfully across eternity.

No comments: