Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Valley


There is a secret valley where an infinite stream of joy 
meanders through meadows of flowering awareness 
under a deep and endless sky of peace.

A long time ago, in a rare moment of thought-free stillness, I fell into myself and found this wondrous place.
I tasted its ecstatic essence, its perfect love and harmony.
Alas! It was but a glimpse of paradise!
I was thrown gasping, like a fish out of water, on the shifting shore of Maya.

For aeons, I struggled with all my being, trying to find my way back.
I tried so many different paths – to no avail.
In despair, I let go and surrendered totally at the feet of the Master.
By his compassionate grace, I awoke from the nightmare of samsara:
Lo! I discovered I had never been away!

Now I dwell quietly at His feet in the valley of sat-chit-ananda, 
singing silent songs of gratitude and praise.

Jai Bhagavan! Jai Bhagavan! Jai Bhagavan!

No comments: