Saturday, May 11, 2019

Lord of the Mountain



“I am the Tree of Life, the splendour,
The mountain’s crowning glory.
I am its eternal support and auspiciousness,
The light of the brilliant sun.
My treasures are luminous wisdom
And the nectar of immortality.”
Sage Trisanku, Sikshavalli, Taittreya Upanishad


I have no learning or will-power or strength-
I cannot practice all the difficult yogas.
Sweet Lord of the mountain,
all I can do is fall at your feet,
In total submission and surrender.

Silently ,with every breath, I chant your Name
With total devotion, again and again.
Your will is mine, all my actions are yours,
You are my Lord and my Love and my Life.
Every moment, I worship your lotus feet.

In tender blessing, you shine in my Heart
And fill me with your effulgent Grace.
In the infinite perfection of your Light,
I disappear in immortal bliss;
Dissolving in the ocean of your peace -
How can I ever be anything else but this?

“ Were I given a hundred thousand tongues instead of one,
And the hundred thousand multiplied twenty-fold,
A hundred thousand times would I say, and say again:

The Lord of all the worlds is One.” Guru Nanak




No comments: