Sunday, May 26, 2019

Remembering and Forgetting



“ Compose yourself in stillness. Draw your attention inward and devote your mind to the Self. The wisdom you seek lies within.” Bhagavad Gita


Like a prodigal son, driven by the winds of desire and greed, I fled into the wilderness. I forgot my true source, my very nature, lost my soul in the drama of samsara -like one suffering from amnesia, I forgot my own roots.
Hypnotised by the cunning illusion of a separate self, my mind created time, space, the universe and all that exists; like a dreamer to whom the dream is very real, I was carried away by the currents of the senses into a story of I, me, mine .

Battered by the blows of fate, tormented by fear and worry and regret, how I yearned for peace!
So many years wasted ,wandering and searching- how foolish was I; at last I remembered!
Everything I sought was always right here in me.

“The power of remembering and forgetting comes from Me alone!” Bhagavad Gita

Turning away from the world, I sought my own source.
I begged the Lord of all hearts to show me the way home.
Blessed by his compassionate grace, I ripened like a fruit in the sun.
I became silent, still.
Forgetting my individuality, the bubble that was me burst at last and merged forever in the ocean of Brahman.
Oh, that joy! That priceless, immortal peace!

“ Stillness is the Self. Silence is Brahman.Peace is Liberation. “ 
Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi

Now wherever I look I see only Light:
the leaves on the tree, the stones on the path, the rain,the river, the bird in the sky, the dog barking, the old beggar on the street…….everything is Divine.

“Wisdom is knowing that I am nothing. Love is knowing that I am everything.
Between the two, my life flows.” Nisargedatta Maharaj

No comments: