Saturday, October 1, 2016

Waking Sleep



Fast asleep: no dream , no thought, no world, no one;
Just the blissful peace of perfect emptiness.
Deep, deep ocean of calm.
A bubble rises:” I am” is born.it floats up to the surface, wakes up..and explodes into creation:
I am this, I am that, I am late, I am busy, I am hungry, I am this body-mind.
So he is and she is and it is and they are and the sounds, the smells , the sights of this world exploding all around…and this is me and that is mine and joy-sorrow pain-pleasure desire-fear worry-hope all them tangles and troubles and memories and fantasies….where did that blissful peace go???
It’s still right there: perfect, eternal, unchanged, shining like the sun of suns in the lotus of the Heart.
You just covered it up with your movie; you lost yourself in the world.
Now is it possible to wake up and NOT lose your connection to that perfect peace and bliss?
Sure it is: it just takes practice.
And intense concentration, unshakable faith, absolute devotion and total surrender.
Welcome to atma-vichara, self inquiry.
Where you trace the ’I’ thought back to its nest.
Away from all the other thoughts.
Back, back, back ..away from all the projections, back to the source.
No quitting..like a bloodhound on the scent, trace the path to the source.
Until once more there is just ‘I am’
Like a diver after the pearl, dive deep, deep.
Feel the pulse, the beat, the true I-I.
Something …. Light…rises from the depths, grabs you, swallows you up.
No more I : this is how you die before your body dies.
Once more there is only the blissful peace of perfect emptiness.
Only, this time, it's waking sleep: awareness shines silently and perfectly.
Nothing else exists.




No comments: