Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mouna



( Anandamayi maa, divine mystic who realised the Self..all praise to her holy feet!)

 “ Mouna ( silence) is the best and most potent diksha, as was practiced by Sri Dakshinamurthi.
Touch, look etc.  are all of a lesser order. Silence ( mouna diksha) changes the hearts of all.  “  Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharishi, Talks 433.

I am drunk with your silence, lord: this intoxication destroys all name and form.
In the still mind, a haunting beauty awakens-  now nothing can ever be the same again.
There is no I or you left, in this melting of infinite love; if this be madness, I shall so gladly be insane.
I have lost my tongue and forgotten my face, there is only this boundless, inexhaustible space,
Like a night sky awash with starlight .

It is said that the sword of your perfect stillness cuts off all heads: take mine !
Since you have filled me with the blessing of your silence,
I do not need it any more.

No comments: