Sunday, February 4, 2018

Longing


"Devotees by their power of concentration, by their purity of life, and by their divine love become wonderful healers. Their every tear and sigh become a source of healing for themselves and those around them. Devotion is the fire in which all infirmities are consumed." Hazrat Inayat Khan

Deep in my soul, a primordial longing awakens:
Faint memories of a thousand lifetimes reminding me of my true home.
Turning away from the outer, I dive deep into myself to find that forgotten peace,
To once more embrace that infinite Self who is all love and wisdom and truth.
Sweet Lord of my Heart, your grace is the source of this blessing:
How amazing and marvellous !
The source of my longing for you is your longing for me!
Now, like babe in mother’s lap, I rest in the bliss of your Silence.
In the perfection of this meeting and merging,
there is only One.


No comments: