Saturday, July 7, 2018

Who?


Who speaks with my tongue, who sees through my eyes,

Who weeps with my sorrow, who is born, who dies?

Who wakes every morning and acts out my life,

Who worries, who ponders, in my struggles and strife?

Who celebrates my triumphs, who is sad and alone,

Who lives in this body of flesh, blood and bone?

Who rests when I slumber, who dreams all my dreams,

Who knows what I know, is this world what it seems?

Who feels through my heart, who thinks with my mind,

Who is this me that I am supposed to find?

Who understands the twinship of pleasure and pain?

Who knows how much bliss this human heart can contain?

Who is the Sun  that dispels all the mists?

Who sees the Divine permeating all that exists?

Who understands this mystery of the All in the One?

Who does nothing at all, yet leaves nothing undone?

Who is formless and timeless, yet the very source of being,

Who is nothing and everything, betwixt and between?

Who shines in my heart and grants me joyous release,

Who fills me with comfort and this deep, ecstatic peace?

Who swallows me whole, who dissolves me in joy,

Who is this “I “ who am I?


No comments: