Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Wound is the Way




“The wound is the place where the light enters you.
What hurts you blesses you: darkness is your candle.
Your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.

You have to keep breaking your heart until it blossoms open.

The truth is we are all ONE.

Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise , so I am changing myself.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
Do what you love and do it with love. Think less, feel more.
Do not let the clouds of your thoughts cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking.

Silence really is the language of God – all else is poor translation.”
Rumi


Lord, in your infinite compassion, you gave me the gift of sorrow, let me know the black depths of depression and pain.
When I cried out for relief, you bathed my eyes with your jnana and removed the blindness of ignorance.
You gave me the gifts of viveka and vairagya, discrimination and detachment.

You showed me the secret way.

Gently but firmly, you turned my attention inwards to the source of Being.
With such tender grace, you led me to the living light in the cave of the Heart, where the mind dissolves.

In that fountain of love and forgiveness, all sorrows vanish; in that flame of wholeness, all is healed.

In that sacred fire, I disappeared like camphor, returning to the formless, to the beginning of all beginnings.

In the perfection of that silence, only peace remains.
In honour of my friend Mira Prabhu who merged today forever with her beloved Arunachala Ramana.

No comments: