Thursday, June 25, 2020

I Can Choose!

“ Hear , O children of immortal biss! You are born to be united with the Lord. Follow the path of the illumined ones and be forever united with the Lord of Life.” The Shvetashvatara Upanishad.

“The great mountain of worldly anxieties is an unreal accumulation of fictions bundled together by the feverish imagining mind. One’s own reality, which shines within everyone as the Heart, is the infinite ocean of unalloyed bliss. Therefore, like the unreal blueness of the sky, misery exists only in the imagination, not in reality.” Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishi.

What a bold, life-affirming, triumphant message the ancient sages have given us: we are the inheritors of divine bliss!

Down the ages , the declaration of the illumined ones remains consistently positive and triumphant- our true nature is joy. Misery is but a figment of the unreal, a nightmare conjured from nothing!

So, in every moment, I can make a choice :   sorrow or joy, craving or  contentment, suffering or peace.

I can seek outward amidst the projections of my fears and desires or inwards to discover the unshakable, blissful reality of my being.

I can wander the ghostly byways of a dead past or an unborn future or I can stay alertly aware in the radiant present that is my greatest treasure.

I can choose the unnecessary suffering of an illusion spun by the mind or the serene perfection of my own innermost truth . 

I can create my own heaven or hell.

 I can choose!

“The Self that is subtler than the subtle and greater than the great is seated in the heart of every creature. One who is free from desire sees the glory of the self through the tranquillity of the mind and senses and becomes absolved from grief.”Katha Upanishad


No comments: