Monday, April 28, 2014

BE HERE NOW

I wake. I sleep. I dream. I experience deep, dreamless sleep. I wake again.
I live each day as it comes.
I am not a cog in a machine. I am not a statistic. I am not an ID card.
I am a unique individual with my own feelings, needs, style and purpose.
I dream my own dreams, sing my own song.
I am what I am. I exist, I belong.
In my mind, there is a story, woven of thoughts and feelings, memories and fantasies, wishes,hopes and fears. A story of ancestors and descendants, caste and nationality, family and society.
A story of the past..and of how it will be in the future.
This is not real…just a story.
The main character in this story is an imaginary person- I forget my true being and identify with this unreal character, this ego.
“This is My movie- and I am the STAR…no matter the circumstances of my life, I am the Main Character- it’s all about ME!”
Thus begins my descent into hell, into unconsciousness and projection and duality and fantasy.
The past is dead and gone. The future is still unborn. There is only Now.
This moment. The most precious gift, the only treasure, the pearl beyond all price.
“Why does everyone like the Tao so much? Perhaps it is because we find all that we seek and are forgiven our sins? Perhaps it is because we find the  infinite peace and wonder and joy that underlies all creation?”
To find this treasure, the imaginary ego must be erased…revealing the true Self that is always at the core of my being.
I must return to the simple, the essential , the eternal core.

And just BE HERE NOW.

No comments: