Friday, May 27, 2016

Peace at Last


 “ Return to the simplicity of  formless substance.
  Without form, there is no desire.
  Without desire, there is tranquillity.
   In this way all things would be at peace.” Lao Tsu, Tao Te Ching

“ Identification with the body is dvaita. Non-identification is advaita. “  Bhagawan Ramana Maharishi.

Everything exists in emptiness: space holds all things, from pebbles to planets to galaxies.
Everything is made of emptiness: at the heart of matter, inside the atom, there is mostly empty space.
Everything is pervaded by a formless, intelligent consciousness: this is the Self that is the one true and eternal reality.
Observing the intricate perfection of the web of Nature, I marvel at the underlying intelligence and harmony.
At core, am I this formless, infinite consciousness?
Who am I?
Who was I before this body was born? Who will I be  after this body is dead?
Can I investigate my own true nature? Can I discover the Real underlying the Unreal?
I am not this limited and temporary body-mind complex. I am beyond form and formlessness, neither everything nor nothing. I cannot say what I am: except ” I am”.

The Self is the blissful perfection that is the source and the substance of all things.
Once I seek the source of my own Being, I merge with this Self and become one with everything.
This is the ocean that the river of the soul thirsts for and seeks through a thousand lifetimes.
Peace at last: infinite and eternal peace.

 

No comments: