Thursday, August 17, 2017

You and me


"Sometimes it is our suffering that mysteriously delivers us to the holiness within ourselves. Having tasted that which is most bitter, we often taste that which is most sweet. Our hearts having been broken, they then can break open. The tiny light of hope that we glimpse in the midst of our suffering can become a light so bright  that the immensity of its power seems second only to the depth of its tenderness. Having entered the regions of our personal hopelessness, we find at last where true hope lies and come to understand more clearly who we are and why we are on the earth.”  Marianne Williamson


I am so tired, dear Lord of Love.
I have fallen into the abyss a million times.
I have died a million deaths.
My heart has been shattered into a million fragments.
Driven by the winds of inexorable desires and unspeakable fears,
I have fled from You in pain.
I have wept a million tears.
The ocean of my suffering has lapped at the edge of your Feet, O Lord, again and again and again.
This time, please do not let me be so stupid, so befuddled , so blind.
Do not abandon me to my unknowing, O Lord of Light, burn all the darkness away!
O sweet Lord, turn your benevolent gaze upon me, be kind!
Let me turn inside-out and seek the source that is You.       
Let me awaken , once and forever, from the nightmare of ego-mind.
Reach down and take me by the hand and lift me into your embrace.
Absorb me into the perfect wholeness of your compassionate Grace!
Allow me to be.
Let the eyes of my soul feast upon the radiance of your invisible face!
At last, let me truly see.
What kind of game is this, O Lord? Is this the answer?
When I let go of this " I" that I have been clinging to, there is no more suffering!
You are me!


No comments: