Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Mountain and Muhammad



“If the mountain won’t come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.” Old Turkish Proverb.


I went to the Mountain and climbed its wooded slopes.
I recognised its power, its divine and magic presence, its mighty, compassionate blessings.
I walked clockwise around its base with great love and devotion.
When I had to leave, I carried its image in my mind and heart – and every day I sang its praise.
I begged it to shine its wondrous grace upon me, to embrace me, to swallow me up and dissolve me in its infinite perfection, to set me free.
In total and humble surrender, I offered the mite of myself at its feet.
Now the Mountain has come to Muhammad: lo! it shines in peace and splendour in my Heart!
Wherever I go, now there is only the blissful Mountain – no more me!

No comments: