Monday, July 24, 2017

Supreme Love


“That Night that is blazing with the pure, broad daylight of true wisdom, where nothing else delights, nothing else shines, nothing else exists, only the eternal perfect Self shining like a thousand suns……that Night is the Night of Shiva. “
“The experience of Self, which is nothing but the form of supreme love, is that in which the eyes see only love, the tongue tastes only love and the touch feels only love, which is bliss.
Bhagawan  Ramana Maharishi, Guru Vachaka Kovai

In the depths of myself, I am become love, a love that rages through my being like a tempest;
 a grand love, a ferocious, total and unconditional love, elemental as a storm, sharper than a surgeon’s knife.
 It is a deluge that sweeps all away, a raging fire that devours my whole universe, a fierce ecstasy that demands total and absolute surrender.
 Like a sacrifice at the feet of a Goddess, I leap up gladly and offer my head!
 Like a corpse consumed in the flames of the pyre, all that is left of me is a handful of ash.
Rising like a phoenix, my Beloved embraces me, absorbs me, dissolves me like salt in His sea.
No words can describe the ecstatic perfection of that bliss!



No comments: