Friday, July 7, 2017

Atma Vichara : Self Inquiry



“Atma Vichara is not mere repeating or meditating on “Who am I? “It is to dive deep into yourself and seek the source from where the “I” thought arises and to hold onto it firmly, excluding all other thoughts. Continuous and persistent attempt will surely lead you to the Self.” Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharishi.

When I turn my attention inwards, the mind struggles, like a frightened animal, to escape.
Like a piece of straw in a whirlpool, I am caught in the power of grace, drawn inexorably towards extinction in the centre of Being.
Grace outside in that divine gaze blessing me, pushing me inwards;
 Grace inside in that loving Lord shining always in the Heart, pulling me deep into Himself.
My Lord embraces me with infinite love.
There is a throbbing in my chest that is His secret drum.
He is a liquid fire in my being that dissolves everything in great tenderness.
This is where I disappear.
Such a blessed drowning! Such a joyous death!
Such a glorious stillness! Such a vast and perfect peace!


No comments: