Thursday, July 20, 2017

Koan of Being


“The death of the mind drowned in the Ocean of Self-Consciousness is the eternal Silence. The real ‘I’ is the Supreme Heart-Space which is the great Ocean of Bliss.” Bhagawan  Ramana Maharishi, Guru Vachaka Kovai

Do you live – or do you just exist?
Do you know why you do what you do, think what you think, feel what you feel?
Do you heed the endless yearning of your soul across all the lifetimes?
Do you know who you really are?
I am the voice crying out in the wilderness, the still, small whisper of truth that echoes in the dark.
I am the lament of ancient prophets, the unheeded message of all the messiahs:
Few will listen, fewer still will hear, will anyone begin to understand?
I am the secret chant of millenniums, the wordless song that is older than time.
I am the single note that holds the thread of all music, the hum of voiceless blessings vibrating in the very marrow of creation.
I am that gasp of wonder, that soundless moan of delight in the infinite bliss of the Heart.
I am the sound of one hand clapping, the chime of the unstruck gong, the resounding bell of Silence.
I am that I am.

No comments: