Saturday, January 6, 2018

In the Eye of the Storm


In this life-storm , I battled ferocious hurricanes of greed and desire ,
Somehow burrowed through the body of the cyclone of karma,
Used the last of my strength and willpower to seek the centre,
the eye of the storm,
Where I can finally rest in your blissful stillness and peace.
I am holding on to your feet, sweet Lord of my heart,  with all my being: do not let me be torn away!
Let your Grace envelop and protect me.
Do not let fate seize me in  the noose of ego once more
and drag me out into that fierce vortex of samsara
To be tumbled like a feather across endless lifetimes by powerful vasana winds.
I beg you: hold me still, dear Lord!
Swallow me once and for all and digest me in the fire of your bliss!                                                      


No comments: