Saturday, January 22, 2022

Abide as the Self


With infinite compassion, the sage rises like the life-giving sun,
Blessing all equally with the miracle of his grace.
In every heart, he shines as the flame of immortality.
In every soul, he flowers as the transcendent Self.

The Guru’s silence is the womb and the life-force of  the universe.
Dive into the Heart and surrender at his feet.
Let your mind dissolve in the ocean of his presence
Like the weary river gladly loses itself in the sea.

 My Guru told me — ‘Trust me. I tell you; you are Divine. Take it as the absolute truth. Your joy is divine, your suffering is divine too. All comes from God. Remember it always. You are God, your will alone is done.” I did believe him and soon realized how wonderfully true and accurate were his words.I simply followed his instruction, which was to focus the mind on pure being, ‘I am’, and stay in it. I used to sit for hours together, with nothing but the ‘I am’ in my mind and soon the peace and joy and deep all-embracing love became my normal state. In it all disappeared — myself, my guru, the life I lived, the world around me. Only peace remained, and unfathomable silence.” Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, on the teaching he received from his guru.

Find that place where doing ceases and all suffering will end:
Stillness is the gateway to paradise.
Deep in the Heart-lotus, the mind bee is drunk with bliss.
In the absence of thought, only reality remains.

Abide firmly as the Self with perfect equanimity.
Divine awareness is your own true nature.
That which comes and goes can never be real:
Only Brahman exists in eternal, self-luminous joy.

“When the tricky senses are controlled, when mental conceptions are removed, and when one is unshakably established as Self in the Heart, then the knowledge which shines in that state of firm Self-abidance is the real God . Such a true seeing, which is devoid of illusion and deception, is the state in which one shines as the ocean of bliss. Only in the supreme silence which is thus achieved in Self-abidance, will the soul never again have a downfall.” Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi


No comments: