Friday, June 20, 2008

The Fire in The Stone

In the heart of the stone, a secret fire lies entrapped.
Deep in my self, in the marrow of my bones, in the atoms of my cells, a long-sleeping memory awakes. A memory of light and freedom and ecstasy...the sweet taste of my true home.

A lifetime ago, a tiny spark of infinity was drawn into a seed created by the union of sperm and egg. It gave freely of its life-energy and its secret wisdom, so that the single cell it inhabited could multiply and be transformed into a complex human fetus. Thus the divine was made flesh...and cloaked by the physical, mental and emotional layers of a human being.
Born screaming and bloody into the world, I took my first breath...and breath kept me connected to infinity all these many years.
Lifespark within, fanned by breath , keeps this inert corpse alive. When the karma encoded in my DNA is exhausted, the spark will finally escape and return to its true home. This is death. Even those who loved this person in life will make haste to burn the cold, clammy corpse ...once the light of infinity departs, all that is left is clay.

I forgot my original face. Lost in the smoky fog of human nature, I fell into maya's dream-net.Layer by layer, the veils of forgetfulness formed around me.
I grew four bodies , each increasingly dense, each adding another barrier to remembering my true nature. And , with the final layer of the ego-mind complex, I was totally encased , like a fossil in amber, in the hard, impenetrable shell of name and form.
Suffering drove me to escape.
Tapasya, the intense heat of friction between the embedded true nature and the layers of form, shatters the stone.
Guided by intent, breath shifts into the subtle, gossamer channel that is the core of the spinal cord. Breath within breath burns karma away, decodes the DNA. Death before the body dies is the key.
Coming home is remembering my original face..and my true nature.
Ah! The joy of awakening into awareness! The kingdom is restored, the usurper, mind, dethroned and the rightful monarch, spirit, sits firmly on the throne. The cycle is complete...the flesh is made divine.
Now matter is radiant with spirit - everyday reality reveals the Light within all things.
Form and formless are one. Nothing is everything. Infinity and eternity dance in harmony.
All is magic. All is well.

No comments: