Thursday, March 22, 2018

Peace


“The peace experienced by so many simple devotees in their hearts is the divine wealth that possesses great distinction. There is no fortune greater than peace, no force greater than peace, no excellent tapas greater than peace, no immortal life greater than peace. If you abide in the Heart in stillness, in your true state, your peace will never cease. “
Bhagavan SriRamana Maharishi


I am a fool - it took me a very long time to understand:
My learning, my knowledge, my pride, my feeling of separateness were all barriers to returning to simplicity.
To just being, in stillness, without thought, as boundless consciousness.

All I had to do was let go, to surrender in humble, but absolute, devotion,
To throw myself at your feet with total love and faith and trust.

You took pity on my tortured, suffering self, lost in the fiery desert of samsara.
You fed me your nectar of unconditional love to forever quench my thirst!
With infinite kindness, you protected me with your cool shade and led me back to the fragrant bower of the Heart.
So gently and patiently, you led me back to my beginning, you introduced me to Me!
To find you shining eternally in my Heart as “I” - what a mystery!

Now that I have tasted your Grace, how can anything else ever attract me?
Once I know you, can there be anything else to know?

Like a river pouring itself into the ocean, I come home to you at last!
Now I rest in you, immovable and forever, in blissful peace.

No comments: