Sunday, April 1, 2018

An Ordinary Man


I am not special, Lord, I’m just an ordinary man, like any other:
A human being, with a beating heart, blood flowing in my veins, time running out.

I feel pain…and joy and love and fear and hope and all the other feelings.
I eat when I am hungry and I drink when I’m dry.
And, one day, I know I will die.

I try to live my life with wisdom and balance; may I be kind, may I be compassionate, may I be true.
May I not let anger drive me to hurtful acts nor let sorrow drive me to despondency.
May I walk gently on this earth and treat all my fellow living beings with deep love and respect.

I know now that I have been dreaming for a thousand lifetimes.
Like a sun rising, Grace unveiled the unsayable splendour of You shining in my Heart.
At last, I awoke:
O Lord, I have discovered your secret: you dwell forever within me as Me!

Now I have known your perfection, tasted your infinite bliss, how can I ever find words to describe this??
So now I live each day rejoicing, giving thanks, just being the best I can.

Now I wander the earth singing your praise, so glad to be an ordinary man!

No comments: