Friday, January 31, 2020

At the Guru's Feet


There is a realm of infinite serenity and bliss.
Worry and fear cannot exist in this pure ambience of divine love.
Free from all suffering, this is the space beyond delusion and desire,
the timeless haven of Grace.
This is where I dwell forever, at the Guru’s lotus feet.

I have wandered in the wasteland of samsara for so many lifetimes.
Lost in false ego-mind, I left the cool shade of Self
and suffered in the burning desert of duality – again and again and again.
Enough is enough ; no more!
Now this is where I dwell forever, at the Guru’s lotus feet.



So weary of pointless struggle, at last I let go!
Dropping all my masks, my names, my forms, I am naked as a new-born babe –
Before the shining Self in the Heart, I bow down in total surrender.
Drunk with devotion, I burn like a moth in that flame.
This is how I dwell forever at the Guru’s lotus feet.

Awakening from an endless dream, suddenly - a clear and cloudless sky!
In that still, thought-free silence, I see who I truly am.
When all the movies end, only Light remains.
Being-awareness-bliss is all that ever is.
This is how it feels to dwell forever at the Guru’s lotus feet.

Be still; be silent; just be! this is all I have to do.
Grace is the only key.
It’s as simple as that – praise be and hallelujah!
Now my life is a song of gratitude, a paean of glad delight.

This is why I bow forever at the Guru’s lotus feet.


" The tranquil clarity devoid of mental turmoil is the samadhi which is essential for liberation. Therefore try earnestly to achieve the peaceful consciousness, the clarity of heart, by destroying the mind.” Guru Vachaka Kovai, teachings of Sri Ramana Maharishi

No comments: