Monday, January 20, 2020

The Thumb-sized Infinite One



"Angushtta maatra: Purusha: madhye aatmani tishtthati.
The Lord of the Universe dwells as the thumb-sized In-dweller in the Heart of every being." Taitirriyopanishad


Every night in deep sleep, everything is gone;
No body, no mind, no person, no thing.
Who still exists in that emptiness?
Who preserves my being when I have vanished?

Who drinks the wine that mysteriously fills me with such intoxication?
Who stays still and silent and dissolves my tumultous mind?
Who rises like a sun and makes my Heart-lotus blossom?
Whose grace embraces me in an ocean of blissful peace?

Older than time, this in-dweller is the source of everything;
Smaller than an atom, He contains all the galaxies!
When I sought the root of my own existence,
I disappeared in the radiance of His glory –
Perfect, infinite, unchanging.

Nothing else exists.




No comments: