Friday, May 16, 2008

Ripeness


The fruit, when ripe, falls of its own accord.
There is no shortcut to ripeness. It happens in its own time.

Another word for ripeness is maturity. How is this defined?
I am mature when I take full and complete responsibility for my own life.When I finally stop passing the buck. And realise that I cannot blame anyone or anything at all for my state of being and my life situation.
People love to blame other persons or forces for their own misfortunes and shortcomings.They blame luck, the planets, past lives,friends, parents, spouses, children, bosses, colleagues, the government,karma, God.
Mature people can't do this anymore.
They are totally aware and certain that they alone control their inner state...which in turn controls everything that happens in their lives.
They know that the universe reflects what is within themselves...and this manifests as all the situations and circumstances of their lives.
So they learn to focus on tuning themselves, getting their own inner house in order, rather than worrying about anyone else or wasting energy on trying to change other people or places or circumstances. They know beyond all shadow of doubt that the subtle inside is the source of all the outside.
Therefore, they understand that ripeness is everything.

No comments: