Friday, May 23, 2008

Unlearning

I thought learning was difficult. All those years of studies..reading...learning.
Now I find what is really difficult is un-learning.
Getting rid of all the concepts, all the clever dialogues, discussions, interpretations. Cleaning the many layers of mud from the original spotless mirror.
Why is that difficult? If I have covered myself with an armour built of multiple layers of filth..why can't I just clean it off?
Only because I have allowed it to become my identity...the shell that I fondly cling to...removing it would leave me naked and vulnerable...exposed like a newborn babe..
How strange !
People would rather cling to their armour of mud...even if they are aware that it is the source of all their misery...than be naked...and clear.....and free!

No comments: